• What personal information do we collect from you and how?
• Other information we collect through our services
• What about Cookies
• How this information may be used, including anyone it might be shared with
• Opt-in and opt-out provisions
• How you can access and, if necessary, change the personal information BIJOUX BOX maintains
• Safeguarding your personally identifiable data
• Where and how to ask questions or file complaints
• Your consent
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW?
BIJOUX BOX is a membership only website. In order to purchase products, and use our services, you must supply BIJOUX BOX with personal information to complete your transaction. This may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address. We also retain details of your specific product purchases and transactions with us. If you register with us online, we may ask for additional information, such as your age, interests or product preferences. To improve our web site, we may collect non-personal information about how users navigate through the site. This will only be done with your consent. Saved card details will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner's systems. Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH OUR SERVICES
As a user of our services, we may collect non-personal data about use of the website, such as pages visited, times and volume of use of the services as well as Traffic Data. Traffic data includes logs, details of networks, time of log-on or access, length of sessions and similar systems data.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
HOW THIS INFORMATION MAY BE USED, INCLUDING ANYONE IT MIGHT BE SHARED WITH
BIJOUX BOX will not disclose any information about any individual without the individual's consent, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process. There may be cases in which some of your personal information may be used by BIJOUX BOX to target e-commerce promotions activities. In addition, it may be shared with Third parties who assist BIJOUX BOX in producing its Web sites or provide a service to BIJOUX BOX users.
BIJOUX BOX may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalised shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfil and deliver your orders and manage your account.
OPT-IN and OPT-OUT PROVISION
At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of any service to which you have subscribed. Any e-mail we send you will contain an easy automated opt-out link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot. Simply follow the indications in the e-mail. It is not the Company's current policy to share its customers' personal details with third parties.
Should you choose to have your name and personal data removed from our database all together, you can do so by sending an Email email@example.com or by writing to us at:
GPO Building, Ground Floor, Shop 9, 1 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND, IF NECESSARY, CHANGE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION NAP MAINTAINS
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by BIJOUX BOX is not correct, please visit the website and, after logging into the site using the "Register Account" menu; your personal information will be made available for review and change in the "My Account" section. Only you or, upon your request, the Customer Care department, may access your personal data from the website using your email and password. Information may be changed online within My Details and Shipping Details. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend your personal details.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
BIJOUX BOX is a safe online community and it is vital that you (our customer) feel secure in purchasing from our website. We have teamed up with the best secure payment gateways in the business to minimize any security issues. Our chosen payment gateway is PayPal. PayPal is Australia’s most trusted payment gateway. PayPal has the best credit card security in the business.
WHERE AND HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS OR FILE COMPLAINTS
if you require more information please go to the Contact Us section of the web site and send an email to email@example.com
The following policy discusses how personal information received by BIJOUX BOX will be dealt with.
Although not required by law to comply with its provisions, BIJOUX BOX seeks to opt in to the Privacy Act 2001 (also sometimes referred to as the Privacy Principles Act or the Personal Information Privacy Principles Act) in dealing with its customers. We do this so that our customers will have confidence that they are dealing with a supplier committed to excellence and security for our customers.
Information Protection Principles
BIJOUX BOX must not do anything, or engage in any practice, that contravenes any information protection principles contained in the Privacy Act. In particular Thread People declares that it will:
1. Not collect personal information unless:
a. the information is collected for a lawful purpose that is directly related to a function or activity of BIJOUX BOX (for example supplying your email during membership registration), AND
b. the collection of the information is reasonably necessary for that purpose;
2. Not collect personal information by any unlawful means;
3. Collect the information directly from the individual;
4. Make the individual to whom the information relates aware of:
a. the fact that the information is being collected, AND
b. the purposes for which the information is being collected, AND
c. the intended recipients of the information, AND
d. whether the supply of the information by the individual is required by law or is voluntary, and any consequences for the individual if the information (or any part of it) is not provided, AND
e. the existence of any right of access to, and correction of, the information, AND
f. the name and address of BIJOUX BOX that is collecting the information and BIJOUX BOX is to hold the information.
5. Ensure that any information collected is relevant to that purpose, is not excessive, and is accurate, up to date and complete, and that the collection of the information does not intrude on the personal affairs of the individual;
6. Ensure that the information is kept for no longer than is necessary, that the information is disposed of securely, that the information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, etc.;
7. Ensure that everything possible is done to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of the information;
8. Help an individual to ascertain whether BIJOUX BOX holds personal information, whether BIJOUX BOX holds personal information relating to them, and, if so, the nature of that information, its purpose, and their entitlement to gain access to the information;
9. Provide the individual with access to the information;
10. Make appropriate amendments (whether by way of corrections, deletions or additions) to ensure that the personal information is accurate, and relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading;
11. Attach to the information, in such a manner as is capable of being read with the information, any statement provided by that individual of any amendment sought;
12. Notify recipients of that information of the amendments made;
13. Not use the information without ensuring that the information is relevant, accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading;
14. Not use the information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected unless:
a. the individual to whom the information relates has consented to the use of the information for that other purpose, OR
b. the other purpose for which the information is used is directly related to the purpose for which the information was collected, OR
c. the use of the information for that other purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual to whom the information relates or of another person;
15. Not disclose unless the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or another person;
16. Ensure that, if personal information is disclosed to a person or body that is a public sector agency, that agency does not use or disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was given to it;
17. Not disclose personal information relating to:
a. an individual's ethnic or racial origin; OR
b. political opinions; OR
c. religious or philosophical beliefs; OR
d. trade union membership; OR
e. health or sexual activities.